Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Make the Most of Every Opportunity

When I was a little kid I had a hard time watching the I Love Lucy Show because I knew she was going to do something dumb. Maybe  it's the middle child in me, I don't know. What I do know is most of the time she wasn't very wise. Well meaning, I guess, but not wise. So, let me ask this question. How often do we live our lives conniving and plotting and trying wiggle our way into or around the grace and will of God?   
"Be very careful, then, how you live - not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is." Ephesians 5:15-17 
In contrast to the world, we should view the circumstances that we find ourselves in as opportunities to be wise and trust God.  What is it that God is trying to do? What is he trying to teach me? What is he giving me the opportunity to do? 

Now for me at this time this is quite a challenge. I don't like several of the "opportunities" that are "available" for me. But, if I am honest with myself and God, I need to make some better choices, learn to lovingly deal with some people (even though they may not want to) and wait upon God to direct my paths in some instances. I suppose you may be a bit like me. What is it in your life that God wants you to take advantage of the opportunity to seek his wisdom in? 

Father, your Word says that if we ask for wisdom you will give it (James 1:5-8). We're asking. Give us wisdom and help us to wisely take advantage of every opportunity. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment