Saturday, October 13, 2012

Before all that , God loved you.

"for your love is ever before me, 
     and I walk continually in your truth."
     Psalm 26:3

Before you awoke this morning, before you were a twinkle in your mother's eye, before you were born, before the foundation of the world, God chose you and loved you. 

Whatever you  are going through, whatever the trail, the circumstance, the self-induced or forced upon you problem, God loves you. You see, before all things began God chose you and called you to be his own, knowing that at this very moment you would be exactly where you are at. Think about that...he knew and he knows where you will be this afternoon and tomorrow. That is the truth. 

Romans 8:28 reminds us, "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." I can't tell you how and I can't tell you when, but he said he will. That is the truth.

When I was a teenager and itching to drive a car my dad told me I could if I paid for the car, insurance and gas. I didn't until I was nineteen. At the time, I was pretty angry with my dad because he had more than a handful of cars. Now, I realize I would of course at least maimed myself and endangered the very lives of any other person on the road at the same time as me. I was a bit of a risk-taker I guess. My dad knew and protected me and the rest of society. How often has God protected you by not giving you what you want when you want? That is the truth.

When I look at my wife and children, I am reminded of God's love for me. They did not come when I thought they should, I was in my late thirties when I got married. God's timing is perfect. That is the truth.

Remember that God's love is continually before you. That is the truth.

Father, open our eyes to see your love in and around our lives. Praise be to you in us today.


No comments:

Post a Comment