Friday, October 12, 2012

God will finish what he started in you!

I once was a manager for a Mimi's Cafe. They are a highly successful restaurant chain. When I worked for them they were family owned and had a great business model. One of their really smart practices was to make long time managers part owners of restaurants. What that did was make all managers act like owners because if you became a general manager of a Mimi's Cafe you could become a 25% owner. That's partnership. Partnership breeds commitment. The apostle Paul reminds us that we are more than pew warmers, we are partners in the gospel.
"I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:3-6
Once we realize that we are more than passengers on a flight to heaven, rather we are gospel givers, we realize God has a reason and a purpose for our lives. And God will accomplish what he wants to accomplish. When I worked at Mimi's Cafe I knew we would succeed because the owners knew how to run their business. As a Christian I can be confident that God will carry on to completion what he wants to do in my life because he is God, Sovereign Lord of the heavens and the earth, the Alpha and Omega, the Creator. 

Stop. God is doing a work in your life. Did you hear that? God is doing a work in your life. He began that good work in you and he will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. 

Here's the to do: Remember that you are called into a partnership in the gospel. Let God complete his work in you.

Father, thank you that you began a good work in me. Thank you that what you began you will bring to completion in me. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment