Thursday, October 11, 2012

Are you at your wits end?

Have you ever seen an engine seize? If you run it hard enough and long enough, any engine will just lock up and stop running. Sometimes when the circumstances of our lives become so stressful and we have been trying for so long to find the way out, the right thing to do, or just some relief, we just seize up inside. That is when we need the some serious spiritual armor.  

"Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints." Ephesians 6:17-18

The helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit protect our minds and encourage our spirits especially when we are at our wits end. I have no doubt that many of us are experiencing some trials where we see no relief and are on the edge of losing hope. My pastor was teaching on discipline this last Sunday. Not discipline of children, but, the discipline that we as adults experience. He pointed out that many of us may be being disciplined by the economy. Almost everyone nodded and raised their hand. Even if you have a job the cost of living is increasing in such a manner that you constantly have to make decisions about what you will have to do without.  That stress can wear you out emotionally and spiritually. Is anyone feeling that? 

Well, what I do know is that I am saved in Christ and the word of God tells me that he is Sovereign over everything and that he has unfailing love for me. I can not see the end from the beginning. I can not perceive the way that God may take me. I can know that he will work all things out for my good. 

I believe there is a point you reach where all you can do, which is all God wants you to do, is remember that God is Sovereign and he has unfailing love for you. Are you there? 

Father, help us to remember and rest in the truth that you are Sovereign and you have unfailing love for us. You will work all things out for our good. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment