Thursday, October 4, 2012

Come Get Some Strength!

Faith in Christ is not about our strength, our faith, our holiness. Our spiritual strength is all about God's faithfulness and his mighty power!
"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power." Ephesians 6:1  
Way back in the day, when I was a Freshman in High School the tradition at the school I went to was that the Freshman boys were all tossed/rolled down a hill. When it came to be my turn I remember being held by my arms and legs and everyone counting "One!...Two!...Three!!!" and on the backswing (I was saying to myself, "Think like a cat, land on your feet!") just before they were about to toss me everyone went flying and they dropped me on the ground. This big buff guy pulls me up by the shirt and says, "You all right little buddy?" faces the crowd and yells, "Don't mess with my little buddy!" and then walked away. Well, he was the starting fullback and middle linebacker for the Varsity football team. Come to find out he had a bit of a crush on my older sister. But, no one messed with me and I was the only one not tossed. I didn't have to be strong. I had a protector. 

In Christianity our strength is in the Lord Jesus Christ and the truth that he died and rose again and now sits at the right hand of the Father interceding on our behalf. It's not about us, it's all about Christ. I Corinthians 1:30 reminds us, "It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God - that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption." 

Father, help us to be strong in the Lord. Thank you that your power  that raised Jesus from the dead can empower us. May your mighty power be in us today! Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment