Sunday, November 11, 2012

"What good would it do moments"

"You turned my wailing into dancing;
     you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy,
 that my heart may sing to you and not be silent.
 O LORD my God, I will give you thanks forever."
Psalm 30:11-12


David had this habit in his Psalms of pleading than thanking. Really it is realizing, in the middle of difficulties, that God is Sovereign and he will answer our prayers. 

David was blunt about what he felt at the moment. I guess I call them his "what good would it do" moments. Maybe you are in one right now. Does it glorify God? Call out for help. I always try to remember that God is trying to mold me into the image of Jesus Christ. Sometimes I need to just be still and know that he is God. Things simply are not how I would like them. 

In the stillness of a "what good would it do" moment, remembering that HE IS GOD I can thankful for what I do have right now. I have my salvation. I have my wife and children. I have several opportunities to serve others. Thank you, Father!

In the stillness what are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment