Thursday, November 22, 2012

Today we thank God!

"I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness
 and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High." Psalm 7:17


Today in America we remember. God has provided. It was not easy for the pilgrims, but the struggle was worth the freedom they searched for. They gave thanks to God. 

Today I am thankful that those who lived before me had the courage and faith in God to look for a better life. A life where they were free to worship God as they pleased. 

Today I am thankful for my family. Thankful for my parents, and grandparents and great-grandparents before them. I am thankful because I was taught to go to church and seek Christ. I am thankful that I was taught to look out for the needs of others not just for myself. I am thankful that the lessons of putting others before myself have led me as  man, a husband and a father. I am thankful for my wife and children and that they know the who God is. 

Today I will thankfully enjoy my family and friends in a country that is free to worship God. 

Father, thank you that we can take a day to remember to thank you for providing for us. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment