Thursday, November 1, 2012

Got Anxiety?

One of the wonderful truths about God is that he is real. Being a Christian is not an escape from reality, it is life to the fullest in reality. That means that sometimes I pray for a way out and God gives me strength and wisdom to live through the trial. I am just supposed to seek him and obey him.
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7
Paul realizes that we will face times when our finiteness will push us toward anxiety. If you are a problem solving person and you encounter trials, which are inevitable, you will try to find a way through or out of the circumstance(s). That is natural, normal. The problem is that we can not see the end from the beginning. Only God can! That is why Paul encourages us to pray and petition God about everything. 

If you have ever had an anxiety attack you know it can incapacitate you. Your mind will act like an engine running full bore then overheating and seizing, because you can not see a way out. That is why Paul says "the peace of God, which transcends understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." God is eternal. He not only sees the end from the beginning but works all things for the good of those who love him and are called according to his purposes. There have been times in my life when I could not see how God was going to work. Sometimes my own sin, sometimes my stupidity, sometimes just the "random" circumstances of life seem to leave no way out. The only thing that gets me through is knowing that God loves me! He has unfailing love for me! He is Sovereign over not only my life but the world around me. 

What are you going through right now? Are you anxious? Pray, petition and thank God that he has unfailing love for you, he is Sovereign over your life and everything around it! I don't know how, I just know he says he will, and that is true. The peace of God will guard your heart and mind in Christ Jesus. 

Father, we lift up our lives to you. There circumstances we can not see a way through or out of. God, you not only see the end but work it out for our good. We don't know how, we just thank you that you have unfailing love for us and are Sovereign over all! Praise be to you in us today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment