Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The Core in you is full.

At the core of our belief is Christ. Faith in Christ is not a hollow and deceptive philosophy. "For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, and you have been given fullness in Christ, who is head over every power and  authority." Colossians 2:9-10

Christ is completely and fully God. The completeness and wholeness that is found in God is given to us in Christ. Fullness is a term that was used to describe a ship being "filled" with everything necessary for a voyage. In Christ we are given what we need. Even though we not be completely whole until we see him face to face and are given our new bodies, we do receive a foretaste of that which is to come in this present life. The healing to wholeness begins. 

You know, I love my wife and she is a great women who loves God, but her love can never make me feel fully whole and neither can my love make her feel completely whole. Only God can do that. It is true: we all have a God shaped hole that only he can fill. 

In Christ, since you are forgiven you are made whole in him. God sees you as holy because your holiness is Christ. God sees you as sinless because your sins were taken by Christ. 

I don't know of a trick to receiving all that God has for us. All I know to do is bow my head and pray and ask God to fill me with his Holy Spirit. Wholeness comes when I begin to believe that Christ died for me and that his forgiveness changes me into a new creation. As a new creation I forgive because Christ first forgave me. 

Father, we come to you and ask to be filled with the fullness of Christ. Thank you for wholeness in you. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment