Sunday, November 18, 2012

God blessings in the sight of men!

"How great is your goodness,
     which you have stored up for those who fear you,
 which you bestow in the sight of men
     on those who take refuge in you.
 In the shelter of your presence you hide them 
     from the intrigues of men;
 in your dwelling you keep them safe
     from accusing tongues." Psalm 31:19-20

This is not a question, it is a declaration of praise! Davis is not asking us how great the goodness of God is, he is simply declare the goodness of God to be great. It is like standing at the rim of the Grand Canyon and saying, "Look how big that canyon is!"

The goodness of God is not for everyone. Only for those who fear him and make him their refuge and who take shelter in the truth of his  Presence. 

Yesterday my family and I were blessed to volunteer for a Feed My Starving Children event. We helped prepare and pack meal pouches that are sent to families around the world. After we finished, a gentleman who was helping in the team my family and I were in said to me, "That is a beautiful family you have." God has blessed me with a beautiful family "in the sight of men". 

I encourage you to stop for just a moment and think of at least one blessing God has bestowed upon you. Thank him for that.

What blessings has God blessed you with? Please share them with us.

Father, remind us of the blessing that you have given us "in the sight of men". Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment