Monday, November 26, 2012

Don't get out of the car!


If you are driving in a race, you can’t just get out of your car and walk across the finish line. You have to be IN the car. That is like our Christian lives.
 “So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.” Colossians 2:6-7
 Think back to when you first gave your life to Christ. You knew that you were not good enough. Your sinful lifestyle was taking a toll on you and everyone around you. Christ was your only hope. You knew that he alone could save you from your sins. 

I remember beginning to read my Bible before I went to sleep. Then, I would read it and pray when I woke up. I was attending home Bible studies and going to church, looking for every opportunity to worship God. I just knew it was all of Christ and none of me.

I don’t know what it was like for you when you first gave your life to Christ, or if you have given your life to Christ (which I highly recommend you do). I do know that it was, it is, and always will be faith in HIS finished work on the cross, dying for our sins, that will be the foundation of our faith.

Wherever you are at in your Christian walk, continue trusting Christ to be your righteousness. Be thankful for his grace that still rescues you.

Father, thank you for the grace we have in Christ Jesus our Lord and Savior. Thank you that you ever live to intercede for us. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment