Thursday, April 4, 2013

WORK HARD FOR WHO? / I Timothy 6:1-2

I have worked for and under a lot of different people, some who were Christians and some who were not. My witness is all about my visable respect for them, whether they are saved or not.
"All who are under the yoke of slavery should consider their masters worthy of full respect, so that God's name and our teaching may not be slandered. Those who have believing masters are not to show less respect for them because they are brothers. Instead, they are to serve them even better, because those who benefit from their service are believers, and dear to them. These are the things you are to teach and urge on them." I Timothy 6:1-2 
Of course Paul was teaching about actual slaves and we are not slaves. But, the principle of matter still holds. Work as unto the Lord. Do the best you can. Whatever you do you do as a representative of Christ. 

I once was a food server at a Mimi's Cafe. There was this one man and his son who would come in after church on Sunday nights. He would have coffee and maybe a dessert. He would leave maybe $0.50 and a tract for a tip. And he was a bit rude, too. Of course all the food servers thought he was a jerk for stiffing them on the tip and then leaving a tract. They would always complain to me because they knew I was a Christian. Finally, I told the guy that if he wanted any of the food servers to read the tract he needed to leave a bigger tip. 

Here's the deal: If you are a Christian you represent Christ. What will you be remembered for being? Will your integrity and honesty  be the impression you leave? 

Father, help us to work hard, even as working for you. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment