Monday, April 22, 2013

I KNOW WHO I BELIEVE: II Timothy 1:12

"That is why I am suffering as I am. Yet I am not ashamed, because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him for that day." II Timothy 1:12

That are a lot of things that are important but knowing God has got to be at the top of the list. To say that you are a Christian and yet not know Christ is a contradiction in terms. Knowing Christ is all about believing that what he said is true and acting like it. 

This is not about feeling warm fuzzies and spending your day in spiritual bliss. Knowing Christ is believing he is Sovereign Lord and has unfailing love for you when life is a blessing and life is a bummer. 

Knowing Christ as your Savior and Lord is more than a mere repetition of words. Knowing Christ is acting according to the truth in Christ. If Christ says to seek first his kingdom, I need to seek first his kingdom. My faith determines how I act with my wife and children. My faith determines how I go about my job and how I treat others at my job. My faith determines how a manage my son's baseball team and lead his Cub Scout Pack. My faith is to love as Christ loved me. 

To know Christ is to know his love. To live by faith is to share his love. 

Father, thank you for your love for us in Christ. Help us to walk by faith. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment