Thursday, April 11, 2013

RICH IN GIVING: I Timothy 6:18-19

What do you have to give? Time or money. Maybe both. Who gives you time and money? God. 
"Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share. In this way they will lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age, so that they may take hold of the life that is truly life." I Timothy 6:18-19
The point is that God gives us life (time) and he gives us money (resources). The question is whether we use them to glorify God or not. I am not going to be sanctimonious and act like I balance this well. I try. I am learning. But, it is not always easy. 

A few years ago I was a bit convicted about my time. I found myself being inwardly upset when opportunities to help others came up. I found that I was missing chances to serve. The opportunities were all around me, at home, at work, with my children's activities and just random situations. What I didn't like about myself was that I was unwilling to step out in faith. I just wanted to be left alone. That had to change. 

I find that opportunities to serve, to give, to be generous with my time or money are scattered throughout my day, camouflaged by circumstances. I just need to remember that God wants me to be a giving person. 

Father, open our eyes to see the opportunities to share you love with others throughout the day. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment