Tuesday, April 9, 2013

THE FIGHT IS ON! / I Timothy 6:12

The media portrays love as some kind of idyllic emotionally fulfilling experience where every need is met. Reality is not always so kind. Sometimes it is a dogfight and the fight is not with your spouse, it's with life and the world we live in! Christianity is sometimes sold as some kind of blissful state of peace and calm. The truth is that a lot of times faith is war. 
"Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses." I Timothy 6:12
Jesus told us the world would hate us in John 15:19. Faith in Christ is diametrically opposed to the way of the world. The world is all about self. We are told to love ourselves, to look out for ourselves and to be ourselves. "I got to be me!" "I did it my way!" The world blames God, religion and those who believe for much of the hatred in the world. A study by the Department of Homeland Security lists Christians as terrorists! 

We are in a fight! We are in a war! We are the enemy of the world! We can not be passive in our faith. We must take hold of the eternal life to which we were called. The truth found in the Bible about the value of life, the place of self and the need we all have to be forgiven is what we hold on to. "Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners - of whom I am the worst." 

Father, thank you that you sent your One and Only Son to die for my sins. Take hold of me as I seek to take hold of you! Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment