Sunday, April 14, 2013

SET YOUR FEET ON THE ROCK: Psalm 40:1-3

"I waited patiently for the LORD;
     he turned to me and heard my cry.
 He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
     out of the mud and mire;
 he set my feet on a rock
     and gave me a firm place to stand.
 He put a new song in my mouth,
     a hymn of praise to our God. 
 Many will see and fear
     and put their trust in the LORD." 
 Psalm 40:1-3

It is hard to be patient when you are feeling the pressure of a serious trial. But, it is very important to remind ourselves about the truth of God's Sovereignty and unfailing love. When all is said and done, God's will will stand. 

Wherever you are at, whatever you are going through, God has a firm place for you to stand. That place is in Christ. Christ reigns, Christ rules. When we trust him, we can trust that he has us where he wants us and can move us to where he wants us. 

Father, show us your unfailing love and help us to stand in you. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment