Sunday, April 28, 2013

GOD'S APPROVAL: II Timothy 2:15

"Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth." II Timothy 2:15

This past week they had a uniform inspection at my son's Cub Scout Pack. All the scout's are checked to make sure they have the proper uniform and everything is in the proper place. It is fun to watch the boys proudly wear their uniforms and recite the Scout's oath. As a Christian I think I need to check myself sometimes and maybe even allow myself to be checked on occasion. 

Stop for just a moment and do a little check on yourself. I don't mean find a bunch of reason's to get down on yourself, or to recite all your failures. There is no need to make a vow to spend an unrealistic amount of time in prayer or Bible Study. 

What I am saying is to just ask yourself if you are seeking to be approved by God. The purpose is not to create a condemnation list, rather, it is to remind you where to focus yourself. We know God approves of taking time to read the Bible, to pray, and seeking opportunities to serve others in his Name. We do my best and pray for grace for the rest. 

Father, help us to seek your approval and not man's. Bless our efforts to live by faith. Praise be to you in us today!


No comments:

Post a Comment