Friday, April 5, 2013

A-TYPE CONTENTMENT: I Timothy 6:6

I would have to say that contentment is not easy for me. I have kind of an A-type personality so, I am a bit restless. But, I think the Apostle Paul was an extremely driven person. Maybe it was during the time he spent in prison, unable to go to all the churches he was deeply concerned for, where he learned the value of resting in the truth that God is Sovereign.  
"But godliness with contentment is great gain."                  I Timothy 6:6
Godliness with contentment is knowing you are where God wants you to be and what you have is what you need. If you need to be someplace else, God can move you. If you need something else, God can provide it. 

Just a few questions to ponder: 
Where are you now? 

What is it you need? 

If you are where God wants you to be, what is it he wants you to be doing? 

Father, show us yourself where we are, in what we are doing today. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment