Wednesday, April 17, 2013

REJECT PASSIVITY: II Timothy 1:7

"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline." II Timothy 1:7

When I think of the Apostle Paul I never picture a sort of passive, meek, super sweet and gentle guy. If ever there was a type A personality, Paul the Apostle definitely was. 

For Paul, being a Christian and being a leader entails a certain amount of boldness. The rejection of passivity might be another way of putting it. As a man, a husband and a father, I can not afford to just let things influence my family. It does not matter about my level of spirituality, I am called to lead my family. I should be the one that prays with my kids at night. I share a verse with my family at dinner. I make sure we go to church. I am called to love my wife and children and that means I must be self disciplined enough to be make sure those things happen.

I encourage you to lead your family. You don't have to be a great Apostle or a great student of the Bible. You just have to trust God. 

Father, help us to act in faith and to lead our families before you. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment