Wednesday, April 3, 2013

BE CAREFUL WHO YOU SUPPORT/ I Timothy 5:22

"Do not be hasty in the laying on of hands, and do not share in the sins of others. Keep yourself pure." I Timothy 5:22 

I think these are pretty stiff words of advice. Don't just jump on any bandwagon of support. Don't rush people into leadership. I have seen many a good person put into leadership before they were ready soon encountered circumstances they were not spiritually mature enough to deal with and down they went. Not always trapped by sin. Sometimes they just caught up in a teaching that wasn't quite right. In my mind the leadership that put them there shared the guilt because they were too quick to call them pastor and send them out to sink or swim.  

Be careful who you align yourself with. If they are caught in sin, you may end up with them. I have been asked many a time to go places with people and I knew that it was not right. Every time I am glad I say no. Keep yourself pure.

Father, help us to be wise in our support and strengthen us to remain pure in you. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment