Thursday, April 25, 2013

GO BACK TO THE CROSS: II Timothy 2:8

"Remember Jesus Christ, raised from the dead, descended from David. This is my gospel." II Timothy 2:8

Many moons ago I was talking with a graduate student who was a Muslim. I was just out of high school. The conversation had begun to spin out of control. My mom had told me that whenever you get into a discussion with someone, particularly from another "faith" (or cult) to just keep going back to the cross. He kept wanting to say that Jesus was just a prophet, I would remind him that Jesus died on the cross and rose from the dead. Mohammed did not. If he did not understand something he would say something about leaving it to the prophets. The central issue which he wanted to avoid at all costs was that Jesus Christ died on the cross and rose from the dead, the gospel. 

You know, that are a lot of things to learn from the Bible. There is a lot you can benefit from studying apologetics, yet, it is always going to boil down to this: Jesus died for our sins and rose again from the dead.

Father, thank you for Jesus Christ, our Savior and Lord. Praise be to you in us today!


No comments:

Post a Comment