Monday, March 25, 2013

TRAIN FOR NOW AND THEN: I Timothy 4:8

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.' I Timothy 4:8

Like me I am sure you have been to several training's in your life. I have had training for coaching, teaching, and administrating, just to name a few. They all something in common: a limited time that the training will have value. 

But, the spiritual disciplines I learned as a young Christian have been my guides taking me through the victories, defeats, losses and gains that are part of a life of faith. 

Someone once said that God gave us two ears and one mouth which means we should listen twice as much as we speak. I don't want to be legalistic about time spent with God. That said, I do believe it is important to seek God and that reading the Bible on a daily basis assures me that I have heard from God on a daily basis. 

I am amazed that the God who knows all things wants me to pray,to call upon him and ask him for my daily bread. I was with some friends and my youngest son this past weekend for a Scouting outing. I watched my son ask me and another father's son ask him for some money for something. Of course we each knew from the moment we went into the general store/arcade we would give them some money, so we gladly did. God knows our needs and desires before we ask. He also plans to provide and has promised to do so. 

Seeking to be a godly person is not just a pursuit momentary peace, but a relationship with Christ that is eternal. All the spiritual lesson's we learn affect us now and in the life to come. God will take care of you now and then. 

Father, thank you that seeking you is not a limited experience. Thank you that walking with you blesses me now and for eternity! Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment