Thursday, March 21, 2013

DECEPTION AND TRUTH: I Timothy 4:1-2

"The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught my demons. Such things come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron." I Timothy 4:1-2

I don't want to be too much of an alarmist, but, I am cognizant of the overt attention to things like demons and extraterrestrials in the media.  The skill of the magician is really his ability to deceive his audience into to seeing what he wants them to see, not what he is actually doing. 

Be careful where you get your truth from. Jesus is the Truth and he is the only way to the Father and eternal life (John 14:6). The Bible stands alone as inerrant and infallible. If you want to know if someone is teaching the truth (say me for example), you check to see if what is being taught is in sync with the Bible.

I short time ago my son and I where watching the PBS show NOVA. Well, they are of course pretty dogmatic in their belief of evolution. I am not. I happen to believe that the Biblical account of creation actually explains the reality we live in better than the idea that all was created by time plus chance. So, I taught my son the truth that God is the Sovereign Creator of heaven and earth, time and space. While I appreciate NOVA, it is not my source of ultimate truth. The Bible is. 

Father, thank you for your word. Help us to learn to apply your word to our lives. Praise be to you in us today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment