Wednesday, March 27, 2013

DON'T MISS THE MOMENT: I Timothy 4:13

"Until I come, devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture, to preaching and to teaching." I Timothy 4:13

I'm off today and I went to my churches' Men's Study this morning. I began attending these early morning studies about a year ago. It has been a very encouraging experience. One of the reoccurring themes is leadership in the home. 

I'm not advocating setting up a pulpit in your home, but, I do believe sharing a verse and maybe a word or two is very beneficial. However it is that you place the Word of God before your family, do it, and do it on a daily basis. I once spent a few weeks with a family that the father read the Bible to his family at breakfast every morning. Here's the deal: you just need to take a step of faith and read the Bible yourself and with your family.

If you think about it there are plenty of moments where you can encourage your spouse and children if you are sensitive to the moments that God places before you. Last night when I prayed with my daughter she shared with me a few success's she hand in school. I caught myself sort of rushing out to get to bed myself. I stopped and sat down with her. I listened to her and encouraged her to continue doing what she was doing and let her know that I love her and am proud of her. Her tone when she said, "Thanks dad!" let me know that she was glad her dad approved of her effort. 

What will be the moments that God puts before you to share the Word of God, to encourage and teach your family? Are you looking for them? Be ready, they'll be there.

Father, help us to see the opportunities to lead our families when they happen and not just realize in hind sight that one just went by us. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment