Wednesday, March 6, 2013

HOW TO MANAGE YOUR FAMILY: I Timothy 3:4-5

Experience is respect sometimes. Being able to say to other teachers that I spent my first 16 years in education in South Central LA has always been a bit of a respect factor. When another teachers sees how I run my class, they know I am not all talk, I practice what I preach. It's all about trying to act godly.
"He must manage his own family well and see that his children obey him with proper respect. (If anyone does not know how to manage his own family, how can he take care of God's church?)" I Timothy 3:4-5
There are three things Paul mentions concerning family leadership:management, guidelines and respectful relationships. 

I think management is all about planning and execution. I try to have a plan because even when things don't go according to plan I have some bearings to go by when reacting the current crisis.

My family guidelines are God's. I must be in the Word on a daily basis and I want my children and wife to see that I am. I want my life to reflect that God's Word gives me direction, not my whims. Plus, when my children live out on their own, they know to seek God's ways.

Finally, I need to "encourage" godly relationships by continually pointing myself, my wife and my children to Christ as we interact with each other. If you can love your sister and or brother, you can love most anyone. 

May God enable you to manage your family by teaching them to obey God's Word and love each other as Christ loves them.

Father, help us to love as you have loved us. Enable us to lead our families with love and grace. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment