Saturday, March 2, 2013

BETTER THAN: Psalm 37:16-17

"Better the little that the righteous have
     than the wealth of the may wicked;
 for the power of the wicked will be broken,
     but the LORD upholds the righteous."
     Psalm 37:16-17

Have you ever seen a nature show and one predator makes a kill, only to have another predator higher up on the food chain come and take it away? That is what I think about when I read these verses. The wicked sometimes seem to get everything they want. Now, we may not see the predator of debt or bad business dealings that are actually lurking all around them, but, there is One they completely overlook. He is THE LORD, THE JUDGE and he will hold them accountable. 

The other side is that the Lord, upholds those who rely on him for their very righteousness. I don't know how. I don't know when. I don't know where. I just know that God says he will uphold the righteous. I Corinthians says Christ is my righteousness. Outside of me just trying to be a servant of all I can just get in the way. 

Here in Psalm 37 David assures us that God will allow you to "enjoy green pasture", "will give you the desires of your heart", "make your righteousness shine like the noonday sun", "inherit the land", "enjoy great peace" and uphold you because Christ is your righteousness. 

Father, help us to live by faith with you, day by day, moment by moment. Forgive our moments when we lack of faith. Reveal your faithfulness again to us. Open our eyes to see your faithfulness in our lives. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment