Sunday, March 17, 2013

ARE YOU GOOD AT WAITING?: Psalm 37:34

"Wait for the LORD 
     and keep his way. 
 He will exalt you to inherit the land; 
     when the wicked are cut off, you will see it."
 Psalm 37:34

Root canals and watching the bachelor may be the the only two things I like less than just plain waiting. I can complain about waiting for most things (although it will not speed thing up or take them away) but if I complain about waiting for God, then I feel guilty. I feel guilty because I know the truth is that he is Sovereign Lord and his time is not my time and his will is not my will. That said, I still an not good at waiting, even for God. But, I try to be. 

One of the many amazing truths about God is that even though I may not good at waiting. He is perfect at being God and nothing, not even my impatience, will hinder him from doing what he wants, when he wants. 

A few years ago I was in a group of teachers up for a group of positions ( a step up for me). My principal didn't show me the list that had my name on it until after the date for schools to select candidates. I was listed as just a teacher, not a categorical program coordinator and I was shown at the wrong school! No wonder no one called! A few days later a few of my friends and I prayed that God would work. The next day my principal told me a school wanted to hire me for the position. I was...not at peace shall we say for that week. But, God still was working and it ended up being  a great school to work at. 

God works despite us and separate from us. That is the truth.

If you have had an experience where you worried yet God work, please share with us in the comments section. 

Father, help us to keep our hope in you. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment