Wednesday, March 20, 2013

THE MYSTERY OF GODLINESS: I Timothy 3:16

Beyond all question, the mystery from which true godliness springs is great:
   He appeared in the flesh,
     was vindicated by the Spirit,
   was seen by angels,
     was preached among the nations,
   was believed on in the world,
     was taken up in glory."
I Timothy 3:16

Talking about the gospel in brief. This gospel requires godly leadership. To the world it is a mystery that is hidden from their understanding. But, to those of us who have believed it is a mystery that is being revealed, day by day, as we walk by faith in the saving work of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. 

As a husband and a father, I am called to walk by faith with my family, day by day, seeking to be a godly man, a more righteous man. I revel in the mystery of godliness which is Christ in me, the hope of glory. 

Father, help us to walk by faith and lead our marriages and families by following you. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment