Sunday, May 19, 2013

A PRAYER OF LONGING: Psalm 42:1-2

"As a deer pants for streams of water,
     so my soul pants for you, O God.
 My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. 
     When can I go and meet with God?"
 Psalm 42:1-2

Father, I need you. I need your Presence in my life. I long for your Presence. I know that you are faithful, your love is unfailing and your will is unstoppable. But, so often I live outside that light, that truth. Too often I make my choices as if I didn't believe in your existence. Forgive me and help me to live by faith. I know my feelings are no indication of your truth or nearness. You promised to never leave me or forsake me (Duet. 31:6; Hebrews 13:5) and yet I sometimes feel alone and desperate. Open my eyes to see you in my life. Thank you that the truth is that you will never leave me or forsake me so therefor I can be strong an courageous. Thank you, Lord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment