Saturday, May 18, 2013

DOWN NOT OUT: Psalm 41:10-12

"But you, O LORD, have mercy on me;
     raise me up that I may repay them.
 I know that you are pleased with me,
     for my enemy does not triumph over me. 
 In my integrity you uphold me
     and set me in your presence forever."
 Psalm 41:10-12

Let's face it. We all need the grace of God. As Christians, we are enemies of this world. Just believing that Jesus Christ is Lord and that be died and rose again puts us in direct opposition to a world that wants to believe we came from chaos, formed from chance, and live with a moral compass that points only to what you believe will fulfill you at any given moment; self-fulfillment without restraint. 

Are you under attack? Have you been knocked around? Are you still alive? You are down, but not out. God is still Sovereign. God is still in control. Whether you need to be forgiven or to forgive, God is still God over all. He has unfailing love for you. 

I personally don't know what God may do to get you, or me, out of whatever situation that seems to make us out of it, but, he does. Look to him. Wait. He is faithful. 

Father, show us yourself, raise us up that we may glorify you. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment