Monday, May 6, 2013

IT IS TIME TO JUST SERVE: I Corinthians 12:7

"Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good." I Corinthians 12:7

I confess, I have a little inner conflict going on within me. My family and I have been attending a particular church for a few years now. Our daughter is involved with the youth group, which is one of the main reasons we began attending the church. I have been enjoying the mens study on  Wednesday mornings before work and getting to know a few men. But, I know I need to truly serve.

Our pastor has been teaching on the gifts and being involved. I have almost met with him twice since we started attending. I really want to be more involved but I came from a church that was all about jumping through hoops. If for whatever reason you had to take a season (like getting married or having a baby) to readjust your time, you would have to go through this whole hoop jumping process to get to where you felt called. So, I am not into looking good for anyone, I just want to serve. Put me in coach, I'm ready to play.
I know my new pastor really doesn't know me, so, I don't have any issue's with the church not mystically knowing  my gifts and asking me to use them. I just need to do something, whatever I sense God might be putting before me. 

Maybe, you are attending a church but are not really involved. Maybe you sense it is time to step up and just plain serve. Ok, let's pray that God opens our eyes to see the needs right before us and help us to just serve. 

Father, open our eyes and stretch out our hands to serve in your Name. Praise be to you in us today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment