Saturday, May 4, 2013

SURROUNDED, TIME TO CALL ON GOD!: Psalm 40:11-12

"Do not withhold your mercy from me, O Lord;
     may your love and your truth always protect me.
 For troubles without number surround me;
     my sins have overtaken me, and I cannot see. 
 They are more than the hairs of my head,
     and my heart fails within me." Psalm 40:11-12

I love David! What does he do when he totally blows it? He calls on God! He cries out for mercy and asks that God's love and truth would protect him. The enemy, the accuser, would have us wallow in sin, guilt and condemnation. But, why David was called a man after God's own heart was because when he things were at there worst, even due to his own sinful choices, he sought God. 

Are you surrounded by troubles? Do you feel overtaken? Time to seek God. It's past time to try to get yourself together. It's time to seek God. Time to call ask for mercy. Time to let God's love and truth protect you. 

Father, we call out for your mercy! May your love and truth protect us. We are surrounded, overtaken and can't see a way out. We call on you! Thank you that you hear our prayer! Thank you Jesus for being our righteousness! Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment