Friday, May 17, 2013

IT IS YOUR DUTY: II Timothy 4:5

"But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry." 
II Timothy 4:5

What are my duties? Maybe, the real question is: What are not my duties? 

Now, I don't want to just focus on the obvious ones like be the spiritual leader. Because, if I am not Christlike in that I am willing to serve...all I say is just bla, bla, bla, clanging cymbal.

As a husband and father my duty is to make sure that whatever needs to be done, gets done. That does not mean by delegating it all to my wife. For me, sometimes that means when I come home from work and I just want to crash on the couch, I may need to cook. Other times it means vacuuming. 

Remember, trying to lead/serve a family is not about our own innate abilities, it is about the power of God working in and through us to meet the needs of our families. He is faithful. Paul said, "I can do everything through him who gives me strength" (Philippians 4:13). I do believe in knowing when it's time to call the plumber, but, you know what I mean. If I see a need in my family, get it done.

Father, give us the strength and love to serve our spouses and families. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment