Tuesday, May 7, 2013

KNOW SCRIPTURE, BECOME WISE: II Timothy 3:14-15

"But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you learned it, and how from infancy you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus." II Timothy 3:14-15

I few years ago I was greeting people as they entered the church and there was one man who was in bad shape. His clothes were worn and dirty. His face was unshaven. He looked like someone living on the street. I began to see him attending regularly and he committed his life to Christ. He began to change. He is now on staff at that church! He wasn't a street person but his life was a wreck and knowing Christ changed him into a productive person. He has a great wife and family. Living his life by faith in Christ Jesus has given him the wisdom to live a godly life.

Sometimes we forget that wisdom comes from following the truth taught us in Scripture. I am blessed that my mother and grandmother always made sure we went to church. I can not remember a time when going to church was not a part of my life. I can not remember a time when acting like Christ and obeying the Scriptures was not part of the conversation concerning how I lived my life. Really, if there is any success to my life it is when I have tried to live my life in a godly manner by faith in Christ Jesus. 

I encourage and exhort you to continue to seek Christ and live by faith in him. We know he tells us in the Bible to love as he has loved us. So, how will you do that today?

Father, help us to live through faith in Christ Jesus today! Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment