Monday, May 13, 2013

YOU ARE THE TEACHER : II Timothy 4:2


  • "Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage - with great patience and careful instruction." II Timothy 4:2



As a parent and a teacher I find myself saying a lot of things trying to get my children and students to continue to work hard and not give up, to persevere. I just never know when a truly teachable moment will actually come. 

I need to have the word of God as my guide, my reason for doing not only what I do but, how I do what I do, because my actions will leave their imprints upon my children's lives. 

Sometimes we find ourselves in positions where we need to correct people, maybe even rebuke them (in love and humility), but, we should always try to encourage people. Leading your family can be tough because you have to face each other in the aftermath of a confrontation. But, love leaves away out and a way in. Discipline is not rejection. So lead in truth, which is the Word of God, and lead with love, like Christ. 

Father, help us to lead with love, like Christ. Praise be to you in us today. 


No comments:

Post a Comment