Tuesday, May 21, 2013

YOU ARE AWARDED THE...: II Timothy 4:8

"Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the  Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day - and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing." 
II Timothy 4:8

My youngest son has been in Scouts since first grade. He just bridged over from Cub Scouts to Boy Scouts. He received the Arrow of Light award, which is the only patch that you can carry over from Cub Scouts to Boy Scouts. So, now he starts his quest for Eagle Scout. One of the cool things about scouts is that along the way they earn patches and belt loops (Cubs) and then merit badges (Scouts). There are rewards. Paul knew there was a reward, the crown of righteousness awaiting him. There is one awaiting you and me too. 

Have you ever wished that Jesus could just be there at that moment? Have you ever just wished he would come today? I don't know how you could possibly come to Christ in any meaningful way and not wish to see him face to face. The Spirit of God just calls you. When you are church, singing, worshiping, listening to the teaching and serving, isn't that simply the manifestation of your desire to know Christ? It should be.

Hopefully you understand that when Paul says, "and not only me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing" he means you and I! We have a crown of righteousness awaiting us! Don't give up! Keep pressing on! God is faithful. He will accomplish though you what he wants to do. 

Father, thank you for your mercy and grace to not only save me but us me by any measure. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment