Monday, May 20, 2013

FIGHT, FINISH, FAITH: II Timothy 4:7

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith." II Timothy 4:7

Fight the good fight, finish the race and keep the faith. There it is, three checks to make sure you are on track.

Are you fighting the good fight? Think about that...the good fight. There are many bad fights out there. I think back on most of the battles I have had over the years and I doubt if I would get into it about many at this time. They just wouldn't be a good, as in worthwhile  fight.  There are some things that you must fight for and there is no way to avoid it unless you totally cave into the world. What was Paul's good fight? Sharing the gospel and building up churches. 

Are you setting yourself up to finish the race? When I first gave my life to Christ I guess thought that Christ's second coming would be within a few years. I still believe Christ could come at any time, I just realize that he is very patient and there are many yet to be saved. My place is to run this race like he might come today or the day after I die. Either way, I run for  Christ and to Christ.

Are you keeping the faith? Not a faith, the faith. Faith in Christ, in his death, resurrection, intercession and return. Faith in his faithfulness, his unfailing love, his grace, mercy and forgiveness. Faith in his absolute sovereignty. He alone is God. 

Father, help us to fight the good fight, to finish the race, and to keep the faith. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment