Friday, December 7, 2012

What to wear.

I am not sure about you, but, since I was a kid, it has always been special to be chosen for something. There have been a few positions I have filled that could have gone to someone else. What is really amazing is that God chose me, chose you, before the foundations of the world! Before we were born he chose us! 
"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourself with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience." Colossians 3:12 
The thing about being chosen is that  responsibility is attached to it. One job I was chosen for came with the responsibility of administering the intervention for a middle school of 1,800+ students. We are not chosen to just sit around and sing songs about being chosen. We are supposed to clothe ourselves with some very specific action producing attitudes.

Be compassionate: This is not feel compassionate, it is be compassionate. How can I respond compassionately to someone who is struggling?

Be kind: How can I be kind to everyone, including those who are not kind?

Be humble: God loved us, still in our sins, knowing we would sin. God chose us, made us holy in Christ. Not because we deserved it. Love as Christ loved you.

Be Gentle: Remember, sometimes the truth hurts, but, you don't have to rub it in. 

Be Patient: Remember, God waits for you, wait for him to work and follow his lead. 

Because God chose you, made you holy in Christ, and dearly loves you, act like it. 

Father, thank you for choosing me. Thank you for making me holy in Christ. Thank you that you dearly love me. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment