Friday, December 14, 2012

TALK THE TALK, WALK THE WALK

You can't just talk the talk, you need to walk the walk. The peace and word of Christ ruling and dwelling in our lives (verses 15-16) affects whatever we do. 
"And whatever you do, whether in word or in deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." Colossians 3:17 
I work in education and I have been in and out of the classroom at different times of my career. There is a type of teacher who "sounds" like an awesome educator but, when you actually see them in action in their classroom... not really. Their actions don't match up with their self perception. As Christians we constantly seek to live up to what we have already attained in Christ. Our goal is to live out what we know is true. 

"Do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus" means what it says. Every part of our lives is to be governed by the peace and word of Christ. I am a fairly passionate man. Usually if I believe in something I'm all in. It is often necessary for me to take a step back and ask myself if I am acting in a godly manner or just a deeply passionate manner. You see, I know that God loves everyone. Jesus died for me, you and each person we will come into contact with today.

The idea that everything we encounter today is an opportunity to see the peace and word of Christ activated in our lives is a very good thing. Thank God that he has chosen us. Thank God that he desires to use us. Thank God that he does give us peace and his word does dwell within us. 

So, let God work. Don't be afraid to speak about God and don't be afraid to act in a godly manner. 

Father, thank you for your peace and your Word. Thank you, Lord Jesus for dying for us. Help us to, in word and deed, do all things in  your name, Lord Jesus. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment