Tuesday, September 18, 2012

You're In!

Unfortunately many people feel like they are on the outside looking in. I remember when I first got married. I finally could meaningfully participate in some conversations with my married friends. I waited 36 years to meet and marry the women God had chosen for me. I really wanted to be married and be a husband and a father. Once I was married I could understand why God tells us to love our wives and for our wives to respect us as husbands. What I learned was there was a reason God didn't say when they're lovable or we're respectable. I was no longer single, I was married. To me, being a Christian is like that. Once you were not a child of God, then you were. 
"Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizens with God's people and members of God's household, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus as the chief cornerstone. In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit." Ephesians 2:19-22
There are many great things about being a Christian, and one is that you now belong. You belong as a citizen of heaven, as one of God's people and you are a member of God's household. You know there is a difference between being a guest and a family member. When I was in college my parents had this property with a 13 bedroom Inn and some smaller rentals. When I came home after the first year I remember how some people who worked for them looked at me and treated me. It was different being the bosses son. 

After you give your life to Christ and become a Christian you now become part of the living building called the church. This fellowship with other Christians is where God builds us together to become a place where he dwells. Think about that. The relationships you have with other Christians is the very place where God seeks to be by his Spirit. Your participation in the church is being used by God to dwell among us.

Here's the to do: Ask God to use you to minister to one person today. Then, look for any opportunity to help or encourage whoever God puts in your path.

Father,  use us to minister to at least one person today. Open our eyes to see the opportunities you place before us. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment