Friday, September 21, 2012

Yes, You May Approach.

A few weeks ago a reporter asked Derek Jeter if he was on steroids or something. I guess because he's having a pretty good year and he is not so young any more. He just laughed. Why? He's confident. There's something about someone who is confident but not really cocky. They can approach things without fear of failure. As Christians are confidence is not in ourselves but in Christ and his redemptive work on the cross and his continued ministry of intercession at God's right hand on our behalf. 
"In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence." Ephesians 3:12
So often we do not pray, approach God, with confidence. I think, in some part, that is because we are focused on our selves rather than on God. I don't want to be nonchalant about sin, rather, I do seek to be real. I am a sinner saved by grace. I still sin, we all sin (1 John 1:8). Sometimes I can not believe that I still sin. The enemy seeks to seize that moment and condemn me in my conscience. I loose my confidence to approach God. 

Here's the truth. Christ died for all our sins. As I grow older, as a human and a Christian, the grace of God is even more amazing. Think about it. Christ died knowing not just the sins you would commit before you gave your life to him, but, he also died knowing the sins you would commit AFTER you gave yourself to him. That is like marrying someone knowing they will commit adultery on the honeymoon and will be unfaithful throughout their lives.  Christ died for you and me for ALL our sins. I do believe would do grow holier and sin less. I also notice that the closer I get to God the more I realize my sinfulness. 

Here's the to do: 1) Approach God. 2) Know that God knows you will fail. 3) Approach God knowing in Christ and through faith in him you may confidently seek him. JUST SEEK HIM.

Father, thank you for Christ Jesus my Lord. Thank you that you died and rose again for my sins. All of them. Help me to approach you with confidence, in Christ, and freedom. Thank you, Lord. Praise be to you in us today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment