Saturday, September 15, 2012

A Feast During the Battle

I was watching a little MMA action last night and a couple of  fighters said, "I just love the competition." They both had pretty close fights, yet came away with the victories. When the battle got tough they just settled in and fought. The other guys seemed to be hoping for a lucky punch or something. The point is that God doesn't take us out of the battle, he just blesses us in the midst of the battle.
"You prepare a table for me
     in the presence of my enemies.
 You anoint my head with oil;
     my cup overflows.
 Surely goodness and love will follow me 
     all the day of my life,
 and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever."
 Psalm 23:5-6
Too often I just look for a way out rather than strength within. We all want to have overflowing cups, goodness and love and the Presence of God in our lives, but, we often miss it all because we seek to remove ourselves from the trials we are experiencing. God prepares a table in the presence of your enemies. The feast is during the battle. 

I could tell you that God loves you and wants to send his Spirit upon you until he just overflows, but, until you realize God works in your life in the midst of the battle, not outside of it, you'll keep trying to get out of your circumstances before you learn to look to the Lord in them.  The table is set right in the middle of the battle you are fighting.

Now, if you are in obvious sin, repent, get out and get it together in Christ. The battle for you may be dealing with the fruit of your sin. Make things right the best you can. His forgiveness is great and his love is unfailing. 

What trail are you going through right now? What is the struggle, spiritually, financially, relationally or physically? God wants to  show himself to you right where you are at? Sit down and enjoy the feast he has prepared.

Father, thank you that your love never fails us. Thank you that you work out all things for good for those who love you and are called according to your purposes (Romans 8:28). Open our eyes to see the table you have prepared for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment