Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Predestination: God finds a way to bring you home.

I'm a huge Laker fan I was very pleased to see them pick up Steve Nash and then, finally, Dwight Howard. I remember that a commentator had said (months ago) that he felt Howard would end up with the Lakers. When it finally happened he was hugging all the championship trophies and looking very happy to be a Laker. All though it didn't look like it would happen, it finally did. As a guy, that is one way I understand predestination. After we give our lives to Christ we look back and see the many times the Holy Spirit was at work drawing us ever closer to Christ. God chose us and then found a way to adopt us as his sons and daughters. 
"In love he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will - to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves. Ephesians 1:4b - 6 
God, through his glorious grace in Jesus Christ adopted us! God chose us and it pleases him to make us his children. This is his glorious grace which he freely gives to us. We may not understand how or why God chose us, but, he did. When my mother remarried the man she married adopted my siblings and me. He chose to adopt us and call us his own. I didn't really understand how important that was until years later when I gave my life to Christ. Adoption means that God selected me, sought me out and found a way to make me his son. Now, I get to call him, "Abba, Father." In much deeper and profound way than the Lakers finding a way to get great players God finds a way to make us his son and daughters in Christ. 

Remember this: God chose you. He predestined a way to adopt you, to specially chose you, to call him "Abba, Father." This is his pleasure and will. 

Father, thank you for predestining us to be your children. Praise be to you that you take pleasure in adopting us. Thank you, Father. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment