Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Do you know what to pray?

I love the prayers of the Apostle Paul because they teach me what I should pray for my wife, children and whom ever else God places in my path or on my mind. Remembering to pray for wisdom, for revelation and to know him better seem almost like gimme prayers, things I should just know to pray for. But, how easy it is to get caught up in the pressing needs of the moment. Paul started his prayer for the Ephesians...
"I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better." Ephesians 1:17 
The Apostle James said, "If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given him." (James 1:5) So don't be afraid to ask. We are told in Proverbs 29:18 that, "Where there is no revelation, the people cast off restraint; but blessed is he who keeps the law." Seek a fresh revelation of God in your life. The fruit of true wisdom and revelation is knowing God better. 

I encourage you to use the prayers of Paul as models for how to pray. Knowing that they are God's will, you can be confident that God will answer them. 

Father, give us the Spirit of wisdom and revelation so that we might know you better. Thank you that you hear our prayers. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment