Saturday, September 29, 2012

You Will Not Be Put to Shame

I love the Psalms because they are so raw sometimes. David says it just like he feels it. Sometimes we forget that the most important thing is we just seek God period. God will sort the rest out from there.
"To you, O LORD, I lift up my soul;      in you I trust, O my God. Do not let me be put to shame,     nor let my enemies triumph over me. No one whose hope is in you     will ever be put to shame, but they will be put to shame     who are treacherous without excuse." Psalm 25:1-3
One time I was watching a tennis match that involved John McEnroe. As was his custom he was yelling and ranting and raving. The funny thing is for much of it he was talking to himself. Trying to get himself together and focused on what he wanted to do. You'll see a lot of professional athletes sort of talking to themselves in between pitches and free throws.  Spiritually that is what David did. 

After David tells God he is lifting up his soul to him he pleads to not be put to shame and then he proclaims that no one, not just himself will be put to shame when they put their hope in God!

THE TRUTH: YOU WILL NOT BE PUT TO SHAME IF YOU HOPE IN GOD.

The to do for the day: Remind yourself of who you trust. Remind your self that God is your hope. Rejoice that God will not let you be put to shame.

Father, we call out to you to not be put to shame. Do not let our enemies triumph over you in us. Our hope is in you. Thanks you that your word proclaims that "No one whose hope is in you will ever be put to shame"! Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment