Wednesday, January 30, 2013

WHY WOULDN'T GOD WORK/ II Thessalonians 1:11-12

"With this in mind, we constantly pray for you, that our God may count you worthy of his calling, and that by his power he may fulfill every good purpose of yours and every act prompted by your faith. We pray this so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ." II Thessalonians 1:11-12

Again, Paul shows us how to pray. Keeping in mind that trials are a normal part of Christian living, Paul prays. These are few reminders of what to pray.

First, we should pray to be counted worthy of his calling. And that is the fellowship of his sufferings. Trials prove you are truly a Christian. If you aren't dealing with any trials you might want to check yourself. 

Second, pray that by his power he would fulfill every good purpose and every act prompted by faith. Wow, if I my purpose is good, meaning seeking first the kingdom of God, and I my faith is what is urging me on, then what is to keep me from praying with confidence? I remember once asking God to deal with a situation between me and one of my sons. I basically asked God what good does the friction do and why not remove it. He did. 

I think about it. What does God want? What would bring him glory? I feel pretty sure God wants to bless my marriage, that it would glorify him. I feel pretty sure God wants to bless my fatherhood, that it would glorify him. What are some things you think (Biblically speaking ) God wants to do? Pray.

Father, be glorified in our prayers and our actions. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment