Monday, January 7, 2013

IT'S A TRIAL, DEAL WITH IT. I Thessalonians 3:2-3

Every now and then we need a little slap in the face to get us back on track. My wife was in the hospital once for an operation and we weren't quite sure what the problem was. I was very concerned. My pastor at the time happened to be there for something and we spoke for a moment. He didn't tell me everything would be OK. He told me to get it together, trust God, go encourage my wife because she needed me to be strong. That was exactly what I needed. I think  that is what Paul is doing here.
"We sent Timothy, who is our brother and God's fellow worker in spreading the gospel of Christ, to strengthen and encourage you in your faith, so that no one would be unsettled by these trials." I Thessalonians 3:2-3 
Whatever you are going through, be strengthen in Christ. Look to him. Know he is Sovereign Lord over all things. Trust in him, not yourself, not your job, not your spouse, not the government. Be strengthen in Christ and the power of his resurrection.

Whatever you are going through, be encouraged in Christ. Let your faith be in Christ. I am not asking you to see the end from the beginning, you can't, but Christ does. Christ is faithful to complete the work he began in you. He will. 

Trials come. Trials go. You and I may be surprised and feel overwhelmed but God is neither surprised or overwhelmed. Look to God, he will take you through. When Paul was first saved Ananias was sent to tell him how much he would suffer for Christ's name (Acts 9:15-16). Trails will come, trails will go, but God will never leave you. 

Father, give us the strength to be stand in the trials we face. Strengthen us and encourage us in Christ. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment