Thursday, January 24, 2013

HOW'S YOUR FIRE?: I Thessalonians 5:19-22

"Do not put out the Spirit's fire; do not treat prophecies with contempt. Test everything. Hold on to the good. Avoid every kind of evil." I Thessalonians 5:19-22

Three of the scariest words that I have come to fear from myself and anyone else are, "God told me." That doesn't mean he didn't speak to someone or me. It's just that if I am not directly quoting a scripture that makes great general sense for all, I need to proceed with humility. That said, if you think God is putting on your heart to share something in love, do it. 

I visited a church once and during the service someone raised their hand and said they had a prophecy. The elders asked the person to come over to the side and while we worshiped they listen and then allowed the person to share. 

My question is more individual. What is the Spirit's fire in you doing? What burns? What are you restraining? If it is something good, do it. 

I want to here from you. What burns within you?

Father, I know your Spirit is working within us. Give us to spiritual courage and strength to build the kingdom. Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment