Thursday, January 3, 2013

HOW TO BE USED BY GOD: I Thessalonians 2:11-12

I taught for a few years before I was married and had children of my own. Before I had children I only saw students through the lens of being a student (myself) but, having my own children added a deeper dimension to my experience. Since then, I try to teach each student like I want my children to be taught. I have very high expectations for my own children, academically and behaviorally. So, when Paul tells the Thessalonians that he and his team have a parental affection for them I get that Paul is describing a very deep connection and desire for them to live lives worthy of God. 
"For you know that we dealt with each of you as a father deals with his own children, encouraging, comforting and urging you to live lives worthy of God, who calls you into his kingdom and glory." I Thessalonians 2:11-12
Paul and his team encouraged, comforted and urged the Thessalonians to live lives worthy of God, and these are all things that we can do to be used in his kingdom. 

If you want to be used by God, encourage someone. This doesn't mean you watch and cheer. It means to get someone to come along side you and serve together. 

If you want to be used by God, comfort someone. Sometimes times  we just need to be there. Sometimes we need to remind someone that God loves them. Which ever it is, you do it with love.

If you want to be used by God, urge someone on in their walk with God. That is what I am trying to do right now. Urge you on in your walk with God. God wants to use you and me today. Who will God put before you? Take the opportunity!

We have been called into his kingdom and glory. Each of us can encourage, comfort and urge each other on to living lives worthy of God today. What is on your heart right now? As you go through this day, be alert for every opportunity to be used by God.

Father, use us to encourage, comfort and urge each other to live lives worthy of the Lord. Praise be to you in us today!

Can you remember a specific time God used you? Share it with us in the comment section!

No comments:

Post a Comment