Wednesday, January 16, 2013

SALVATION FOR YOU! I Thesssalonians 5:9-11

I remember my first year teaching and I was getting a few things ready before class one morning. I heard my name being called over the intercom and that I was to report to the office. As a classic middle child/oldest son I started asking myself what I did wrong that I was being called to the Principals' office, as a teacher! It turned out to be something unrelated to me but my presence was requested (which is a story for another day). My point is that as a middle child/oldest son I expect to get the blame. But as a Christian, that is not the way it is. 
"For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ. He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him. Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing." I Thessalonians 5:9-11
Appoint is such a strong word. Think about it. To be appointed is to be placed in a position. For many people who believe in reincarnation their lot in life is appointed. That is one reason why poverty is so pervasive in India. People are trying to be good poor people so in the next life they can move up to a higher station in life. 

Christianity is not like that. We were not placed in a position to receive wrath. We have been placed in Christ to receive salvation through him. That is what God has appointed us for, to receive salvation. He died for us that we can live together with him. That is why Christ died. He died so we could enjoy being part of his family, encouraging and building each other up. 

Today's To Do's: 1. Receive salvation through out Lord Jesus Christ and what that means for you today! 2. Encourage someone else. Just watch what happens. 3. Build each other up. Help someone else succeed. Watch God work!

Father, help us  to receive your salvation, encourage one person and build someone up today! Praise be to you in us today!

No comments:

Post a Comment